31058 Triple Transformer
It features three modes--a robot, a plane, and a frog. The frog mode is a little fragile in some places, but the robot and plane modes hold themselves together pretty well.
Robot mode features:
Can pose in almost any position and won't fall over
Plane mode features:
Moving wings (up and down, or you tilt them forwards)
Back engines with glowing "fire."
Frog mode features:
Moving front and back legs
I tried to include lots of pictures of the transformation process, but just to make sure it's clear I have made a list of the steps starting from plane mode, which is the mode the instructions build it in:
From plane mode to robot mode:
1. Fold down the legs
2. Push the bar that holds the tail fins as far forward (towards the front of the plane) as possible
3. Stand the robot up
4. Turn the hands (tips of wings) right-side up
5. Unfold the robot's head
6. Fold the tail fins behind the robot's head
To switch back to plane mode, just follow the steps in reverse order.
From plane mode to frog mode:
1. Flip the whole plane upside down. What was the back of the plane is now the head of the frog
2. Hinge the tail fins down so they are now the frog's front legs
3. Flip the wings so that the smooth green parts are facing upwards
4. Hinge the wings from the middle joint down
5. Take the tips of the wings and fold them so the side right-side up on the ground and face outward. These are the feet.
For the best result, please have the pictures handy when you transform between modes for the first couple of times. I had a lot of fun building this MOC, and I hope you will too!
If you enjoy seeing my work and download a lot of my building instructions, I would appreciate donations of any amount to paypal.me/Turbo8702. Thanks!
Waiting for Inventory to load
Use BrickLink's Stud.io to open these files.
This MOC also has a 3D digital file available (eg LDD, MPD, etc): 3D Model